xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

xTuple ERP 5.1.0-beta and other components are now available

xTuple ERP 5.1.0-beta is now available for download from the xTuple Customer Portal. Thanks to all who contributed to make this release possible, including Javier Cabezudo and Gabe Eiras. Lots of bug fixes have been added to the application since the 5.0.0 release. Our focus has been on improving overall quality and functionality.

Of particular interest are the following:

• Ability to calculate tax with Avalara using Latitude and Longitude
  • A number of bug fixes were contributed by the community members named above. Thank you!

We have also worked on a number of other components and have published the following:

1 Like

Christopher,
Thanks for all the work you’ve put into getting us something we can test and work with. One suggestion on behalf of myself and others who probably have to customize and integrate xtuple beyond the “standard” install.
It would be VERY helpful if we had some sort of an “issue tracker” that we could enter and track issues as we encountered them. I realize with the new proprietary nature of the software you may not want to expose some of the inner workings. However a beta user is effectively doing “testing” for xtuple’s benefit. I personally feel quite hampered by the current setup. I know there is a customer facing support portal but to me it seems like a bit of a “black hole”. I report issues but I’m unable to track progress or others experiences with the same or similar product.
Lacking some sort of system for feedback on the software it is not nearly as attractive to be part of the beta TESTING environment. I wonder if any other “early adopters” agree.

Jim Wirt

2 Likes

Hi Jim:

I agree with you completely. I have yet to do much beta testing and truthfully the reasons you mention are why I haven’t.

Larr

Folks: As I think you’ve heard in various partner calls and webinars, we are working behind the scenes on a next-generation issue tracker, and will make it available to you as soon as we can. Thank you.

Hi Ned:

Thanks for the reply and information. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention but I was not aware a next generation issue tracker was in your plans.

Larry Cartee

Ned,
Thanks for chiming in and re-assuring us. I know the old tracker has been gone for about six months now (more or less) and I’m sure as a fellow businessman you can understand how it is difficult to put projects on hold for that period of time when one of our important tools no longer functions. I don’t intend to sound like a “grumpy old man” but I do hope this is a safe platform to communicate how decisions of others impact our projects. I find my project list to be like my emails. If I don’t get reminders they just tend to scroll off the bottom of the list.

Jim

I’m getting MAC OS incompatibility issues. @Christopher_Cotnoir can you confirm this could/should work on systems at OS 10.13 (High Sierra) ?

Coming from the perspective of a customer who is extending the core, I would also like access to the next-generation issue tracker. We participated in beta testing 5.0 and really felt the missing feedback loop. Please include customers like us in your plans.

Thanks.