xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

xTuple ERP 5.1.0 and other components are now available

xTuple ERP 5.1.0 is now available for download from the xTuple Customer Portal. Thanks to all who contributed to make this release possible, including Javier Cabezudo and Gabe Eiras. Lots of bug fixes have been added to the application since the 5.0.0 release. Our focus has been on improving overall quality and functionality.

Of particular interest are the following:

• Ability to calculate tax with Avalara using Latitude and Longitude
  • A number of bug fixes were contributed by the community members named above. Thank you!

We have also worked on a number of other components and have published the following:

Where are the upgrade packages? - All i see is the items below in the portal - the updater packages dont appear to be present. (The .gz items below are not upgrade packages) - in 5.1 or 6.0 alpha - I cant see any upgrade packages.

qt-client-5.1.0.tar.gz

Updater Package

qt-client-5.1.0.zip

Client Application

ReleaseNotes_5-1-0.md

Release Notes

xTuple-5.1.0-gf6dd35634-Linux64Qt5.tar.bz2

Client Application

xTuple-5.1.0-gf6dd35634-WindowsQt5.zip

Client Application

xTuple-5.1.0-gf6dd356-MACx86_64Qt5.dmg

Client Application

xTuple-5.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run

Other

xTuple-5.1.0-osx-installer.dmg

Client Application

xtuple-5.1.0.tar.gz

Updater Package

xTuple-5.1.0-windows-installer.exe

Other

xtuple-5.1.0.zip

Client Application

Has anyone figured this out? I am in the same spot–looking for a file called enterprise-install-5.1.0.gz so I can upgrade from 4.11.3 Postbooks to 5.1 Enterprise. It is not in my customer portal, either. All I see is the same files aerobelt listed above.

In the past, we used to have a separate upgrade and install package. You had to use the install the first time and upgrade subsequent times, because the install package had things that could only run once. We have fixed that in 6.0 and you now only need one package for each edition, which is simpler. For example, enterprise-6.0.0.gz installs and upgrades the core, distribution, and manufacturing code to 6.0.0.

As for 5.0.1, the files are there (here’s a screenshot), but it may be a permissions issue with your user on the Customer Portal which is why you can’t currently see them.

I’ll reach out to our Customer Success team and have them take a look at the permissions needed in order to see those files.