We have lots to announce today!
xTuple ERP 4.10.0Beta2 is now available for download from GitHub and SourceForge. There have been over 100 bugs fixed and about 20 features added since 4.10.0Beta. The commercial editions and packages can be downloaded by commercial customers from xTuple.org. See the Release Notes for full details.
Following the same themes as 4.10.0Beta, our focus has been on improving the desktop client:
- Lay the groundwork for an ERP dashboards extension
- Implement Feature Mob 2 features
- Update technology infrastructure
- Improve desktop application performance
As part of the technology update, you will need PostgreSQL 9.3 or 9.4 with the following PostgreSQL extensions:
- plv8 - See our GitHub wiki for more information on how to install plv8
- ossp-uuid - If you build PostgreSQL from source code, you may have to rebuild it. Make sure to include the
--with-ossp-uuid option for the
configure command. See our instructions for building PostgreSQL for details.
In addition, we have published the following:
Back up your database before installing any of these extensions. Several of them require the new Updater even though this is just a beta release. The risk of problems is low but not 0.