xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Xtbatch email font

Using Version 6.03 with window client

I am sending email using xtbatch and some characters are not displayed correctly.

For example in my ediprofile, I have

Proof of medical malpractice/liability insurance for the current term

A listing of your physicians & locations that accept workers’ compensation, including telephone and fax numbers

and it is displayed in the email as

✓ Proof of medical malpractice/liability insurance for the current term
✓ A listing of your physicians & locations that accept workers’ compensation, including telephone and fax numbers

I am sending the email as HTML, the

are correct but the ✓ are not

So Is there a way to change the font of the email
or is this the responsibility of the email reader?

Thank you
Bob

This is usually an issue with the available fonts on the server. When rendering the report on your workstation, it’s using your local fonts. Connect has to render the report at the time it sends it, so it requires the correct fonts on the server. That’s the first place to check.

In terms of the email itself, you can control some fonts in the outgoing email, but I believe it would require creating the email as an html file. I know you are sending it as html, but I’m talking about actually creating it in the editor as html. I’ll defer to others that may have already done this.

Scott

HTML is weird in that you assign a font (or font-family) to the HTML but that is not necessarily used by the client. You might render the email locally with a particular font, but, as Scott mentioned, the Connect server has to have that font installed otherwise it will generate the email using a replacement font from the family. Then again, when actually receiving the email, the end-client also has to have the font installed or it too will replace the font with something else.

You also need to make sure the character you are using for the “tick” is an ISO character likely to be available to all fonts in the same character position.

Ok thank you szuke and anderson

I will give your suggestion a try.