xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

V4.9.3 Client Side Setup -> localhost access

This may be more a question for Postgres...

Trying to access xTuple 'Test' dbase (localhost, 5432, EKGTest, admin, admin) that has been loading several times/day with no problem since I created it, this am, I get the following error from pgAdmin (after similar from csvImp):

Often, it asks for password to dbase, that should be/was already 'stored'... then kicks back to the above error screen.

I am unable to access this dbase from either xTuple, pgAdmin or csvImp...!!

The same occurs with the 'Postgres' database, which is the only other 'localhost' dbase; I only have one that I access remotely, so would have to create to test beyond...

This doesn't make sense to me, as, both of the databases in question are in fact 'local'...!!

I have done nothing with the configuration of either database (I log in and out of 'EKGTest' several times a day), in weeks to months, and the only significant changes that I've made to the the machine, would be having turned file sharing off for a few minutes, then back on (no restart even)...  I was subsequently able to access the 'test' database, all afternoon...!

Don't know how this could possibly apply, but I did effect update on many of the Item numbers (the 'text' item number itself) in the 'test' dbase... 

Then, I turned off my machine for the night...

I AM actually able to access our 'pilot' database, which is accessed across our network, with no issue...!!

Just wondering if anyone might have experience with or even thoughts on this or similar...?

Thanks Tom! 

See what happens when I don't ask you first!! ;)

to see if Postgresql is running? for Windows go to Control panel services and see if Postgres is up