xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Trouble with installation - PLv8

Hello, I am a new to Xtuple and I am having some initial trouble.
The end problem is that xtuple ERP client doesn’t connect/recognize the database that I am creating in pgadmin.
I am following the do-it-yourself-postbook guide and the step I keep getting stuck is Installing plv8.

My pronlem is when I query create “extension if not exists plv8;” on database on pgadmin, I get "ERROR: could not open extension control file “C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/share/extension/plv8.control”: No such file or directory
********** Error **********

ERROR: could not open extension control file “C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/share/extension/plv8.control”: No such file or directory
SQL state: 58P01"

I tried to copy the plv8.control file from my desktop folder to the Postgre-extension folder but it doesnt allow me to do that.

Thank you.
Ussain

Yes you can expect that error on template1, due to it not having the xt schema. If you created the admin and xtrole, and you have modified postgresql.conf, then you should be fine. Use template1 to create the database, and then restore the flavor of your choice (empty, quickstart). After restore check for the plv8.

also when you installed postgresql did you use the Enterprise DB, or Big SQL? you should use enterprise install, I have seen problems with BigSQL not having plv8 in the right location.

Tom

Thank you Tom.
But the problem persists. I used Enterprise DB postgresql.
After restoring empty, I queried ‘create extension if not exists plv8;’ and it still gives me the error "ERROR: could not open extension control file “C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/share/extension/plv8.control”: No such file or directory

ERROR: could not open extension control file “C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.3/share/extension/plv8.control”: No such file or directory
SQL state: 58P01"

What do I do?

Also, when I try to load pgcrypto.sql (it wasnt in the contrib folder but found it in share folder) it gives me "ERROR: syntax error at or near “”
LINE 4: \echo Use “CREATE EXTENSION pgcrypto” to load this file. \qu…
^

ERROR: syntax error at or near “”
SQL state: 42601
Character: 118"
So then I enter "“CREATE EXTENSION pgcrypto” and I get "ERROR: extension “pgcrypto” already exists

ERROR: extension “pgcrypto” already exists
SQL state: 42710"

What am I doing wrong cos the ERP client isnt recognizing my databases?

Hi Ussain,

Thanks for sharing. For all PostBooks®-related discussions, please visit/post in the PostBooks®-only category here: https://forums.xtuple.com/c/postbooks-only

You also have the option of receiving assistance directly from xTuple’s Support Team. I’ll send you an email with more information.