xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Spanish Mexico Locale in the Demo account possible!

Hi,

I hope somebody can help. I want to be able to setup my demo user account with the Spanish Mexico locale. I already did this with the Postbooks version, but I wanted to have the whole extent of Xtuple in spanish for testing purposes. Any clue?

Regards ,Rolando

Hi, Rolando:

My apologies. I was thinking the way to do this was exactly the same as it is in your PostBooks version. Instead, in your hosted demo database you will need to modify the “Default” Locale so it points to your language. You can find the “Default” Locale on this menu path: System > Setup > Locales.

Every hosted demo user is automatically assigned to the “Default” Locale. So, if you change the “Default” Locale in your hosted demo database so it matches the Locale you have set up on your PostBooks version, that should work. Try it and let me know if you are successful.

Regards,
Pierce

Hi, Rolando:

That should be no problem. Just use the same technique you did for your PostBooks version: Set up the Locale and then get the .QM translation file. You can read more about this here:

http://www.xtuple.org/translation

Regards,
Pierce

Thanks Pierce. I already did that, but it seems that I am now allow to change the user settings on the Demo account, or I do not know how to enable it, to be able to change the locale for my demo account.

Hi Pierce,

Your solution did it. Thanks for the help, using the default locale in Spanish did I was looking for.

Gracias, Rolando