xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Request for help on EDI exchange ideas and solutions

One of our clients (instalation branche) is looking for a solution to receive standard (EDIFACT) EDI messages
and translate / map those messages into their system (Exact).
He is very interested in an OpenSource solution for this from two perspectives:

• low costs
  • pilot investigation on OpenSource applications.

See attachment of EDIfact definitions (only in Ducth available) to give an idea on de structure.
Proposal would be to start with the one message (i.e. order message) and if succesfull expand it.

Is there a partner who has experience with this and who can advise / support such an approach ?
Are there opensource applications available to support this ?

If more info is needed please met me know.

Regards,

Niels Schoon

Since all the previous posts here were dated back in 2009 and it is now 2012 what is the current state of either X12 and/or EDIFACT EDI development?
What solutions work best with xTuple?
TIA

This has become more of a development process vs a packaged product. Using the tools in xTuple, in conjunction with plenty of XSLT programming, I’ve been able to deliver some solid solutions to multiple customers. The problem with rolling out a one size fits all solution is that everyone has their favorite mapping tools. We have worked with True Commerce, Commerce Hub, and multiple online solutions. The mapping side of the equation is usually handled by the customer using whatever solution they like. We handle extracting the required data into an xml file to be consumed (outbound) or read (inbound). The tools within Connect work very well and our clients are pleased.

EDIFACT processing would follow the same approach.

Scott

Thanks Scott,
Lin

Hi Niels,

Though I know you’re on holiday, I wanted to reply to your request for assistance with EDI. We’ve forwarded your contact information along to an xTuple partner who is working on an EDI solution for a couple of customers. Also, there’s lots of new exciting stuff in 3.3 that could be used for this sort of thing as well.

I’ll let our partner know that you’re on holiday and try to connect you both when you return.

Best,

Danielle

Danielle,

Thanks for this.
I am back from holiday and from monday ready to pick up actions on this.
What are the next stapes ?

Met vriendelijke groet / Regards,

Niels Schoon
Information Management Advisor
+31 622 774 487
www.pi2r.nl

We are currently working to bring an EDI extension to xTuple. Unfortunately, this is going to focus on X12 to begin with. If the demand warrants that we provide EDIFACT capabilities, then we’ll do that at some point in the future. EDIFACT is a standard that I’m not at all familiar with, but that doesn’t mean that we won’t seek out the resources needed to make it happen in the future.

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the answer.

I am curious what the tools are you are using to do the mapping. Are those
opensource products ?

What would be the cost estimation if yu had to develop the EdiFact
standard mapping to xTuple of another ERP system like Exact ?

Niels Schoon
+31 622 774 487
www.pi2r.nl

Scott,

Thanks for the answer.

I am curious what the tools are you are using to do the mapping. Are those
opensource products ?

What would be the cost estimation if yu had to develop the EdiFact
standard mapping to xTuple of another ERP system like Exact ?

Niels Schoon
+31 622 774 487
www.pi2r.nl