xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Problem setting up xtuple dashboards

I am having trouble setting up xtuple dashboards.

The updater worked and installed the node.js shim and the xtdash package is installed. but any time I try to load a dashboard I get the following.

I tried in some other locations but I get the same result. I head at one point that I needed the web-enabled client on ubuntu. but currently my server is running on windows.

Im currently running 4.10.1 but am planning to jump to 4.12 when it is released. I am using a windows server, which I think may be my problem.

EDIT:

XT is not defined. I get that alot in the database log.

ReferenceError: XT is not defined CONTEXT: performaction() LINE 13: XT.username = plv8.execute("SELECT CURRENT_USER AS user;")[0].user; (XX000) QPSQL: Unable to create query SELECT xtdash.performAction('LOAD_DASHBOARD' , '{"dashboardType":"itemAvailabilityWorkbench","objKey":"SS03025009600"}' ) AS response Wed Sep 26 08:29:35 2018 Warning: Warning: a promise was rejected with a non-error: [object String] Wed Sep 26 08:29:35 2018 ERROR: ReferenceError: XT is not defined CONTEXT: performaction() LINE 13: XT.username = plv8.execute("SELECT CURRENT_USER AS user;")[0].user; (XX000) QPSQL: Unable to create query SELECT xtdash.performAction('LOAD_DATA_SOURCES' , NULL ) AS response Wed Sep 26 08:29:35 2018 Debug: Dashboard API Query ERROR: Query failed: ERROR: ReferenceError: XT is not defined CONTEXT: performaction() LINE 13: XT.username = plv8.execute("SELECT CURRENT_USER AS user;")[0].user; (XX000) QPSQL: Unable to create query Wed Sep 26 08:29:35 2018 Warning: Warning: a promise was rejected with a non-error: [object Object] Wed Sep 26 08:29:35 2018 Critical: Dashboards API ERROR: [object Object] Stacktrace: <,native>('Dashboards API ERROR:', [object Object]) at 5492 handleActionReject(reason = [object Object]) at ws-server:81 tryCatcher([object Object]) at bluebird:5255 <,anonymous>(handler = function handleActionReject(reason) { console.error('Dashboards API ERROR:', reason); // Changed performAction error propagation. Remove this old version // if the new one below works well. //socket.send(JSON.stringify({error: {message: reason}})); socket.send(JSON.stringify(reason)); }, receiver = undefined, value = [object Object], promise = [object Promise]) at bluebird:3277 <,anonymous>(promise = [object Promise], handler = function handleActionReject(reason) { console.error('Dashboards API ERROR:', reason); // Changed performAction error propagation. Remove this old version // if the new one below works well. //socket.send(JSON.stringify({error: {message: reason}})); socket.send(JSON.stringify(reason)); }, receiver = undefined, value = [object Object]) at bluebird:3334 <,anonymous>(handler = function handleActionReject(reason) { console.error('Dashboards API ERROR:', reason); // Changed performAction error propagation. Remove this old version // if the new one below works well. //socket.send(JSON.stringify({error: {message: reason}})); socket.send(JSON.stringify(reason)); }, value = [object Object], bitField = 16777217) at bluebird:3379 <,anonymous>() at bluebird:3454 <,anonymous>(queue = [object Object]) at bluebird:187 <,anonymous>() at bluebird:197 <,anonymous>() at bluebird:71 <,anonymous>() at timers:53 <,anonymous>(value = 'Query failed: ERROR: ReferenceError: XT is not defined

That’s just one error in the log. There are probably 4 more just trying to load one dashboard

Were you able to get this working? This was the error that took me down the path that ended with updating my PLV8 to the latest and greatest. Fixing PLV8 allowed for a clean restore and resolution of the XT error you are encountering.

1 Like

@szuke No I was not able to get this working. I had some other things come up and couldn’t find where to start so I gave up. I will check some time today to see if updating my PLV8 fixes the problem.I did use the most up to date one proveded by xtuple though

I had some fires to put out but when I got to it it seemed that I had incorrectly installed plv8 the first time. I installed it correctly and the dashboards are working great