Hi - I’m completely new to xTuple. I’m not new to learning software, accounting, etc. I just popped in to provide an FYI.
Um scratch everything here. Please skip down to FOLLOW-UP.
I installed on a system with Ubuntu v16.04. Got everything working, then decided to upgrade to 18.04. During the upgrade this displayed:
Setting up systemd (237-3ubuntu10.23)
Synchronizing state of ondemand.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable ondemand
[/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/postgresql.conf:6) Unknown modifiers in command ‘plv8.start_proc’
dpkg: error processing package systemd ( --configure) :
installed systemd package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 65
Errors were encountered while processing:
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
So I went into /usr/local/pgsql postgresql.conf and commented the extension line:
# Add settings for extensions here # plv8.start_proc = 'xt.js_init'
After that the upgrade went fine. When complete, I uncommented the line, restarted PostgreSQL, and I was able to run xTuple without issue.
I understand that this isn’t a lot of information. I can’t explain the problem. I don’t understand how everyone here can use PLV8 for so long without issues, and then this guy comes in from the cold to say there’s a problem.
I’m just providing information that I gathered today after a good deal of head scratching.
I do have a pre-update snapshot of the environment and I can spend a couple minutes to do some more diagnostics if it will help anyone here. For now I hope this note will help someone else who happens to be upgrading Ubuntu with xTuple installed.
Thanks for the software and the opportunity to comment here.
I’m a bit embarrassed. I don’t know why I put that plv8.start_proc assignment into /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/postgresql.conf. I must have got that from some thread where someone was looking for help. I re-did the upgrade in a new server, after removing that one bad line, and the upgrade completed flawlessly. I’m leaving this here for public flogging and in case someone else somehow needs to deal with this tmpfiles.d situation. Sorry for taking time on this.