xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Physical Inventory: Entering Counted Qty More Efficiently

While in the Count Tag Edit List window (after creating count tags), I want to enter the physical counts. It would be more efficient if the counts could be entered directly in the Count Tag Edit List window: select first line where the Count Qty field would be pre-selected, type in updated count, press the down arrow and the next line’s Count Qty field would, once again, be pre-selected waiting for me to type in the updated qty for the line.

Instead, I have to double-click each line and a new window pops up with a qty of 0.00. I have to select the 0.00 and change it to the counted qty.

Am I missing a more efficient way to enter the updated counts.

Thank you…

Paul

The system is designed so multiple people can undertake counts of the same item - perhaps in different locations. These are entered as Count Slips. For simpler counts, I would agree entering directly on the Count Tag would be quicker. What edition of xTuple are you using, as there is a Quick Stocktake screen available with the Distribution and Enterprise editions.

Thanks. I can understand the idea of multiple concurrent counts and, yes, we only need simple counts. We are using the community Postbooks version.

There is a custom screen for that. I recently worked with Jim on a custom count screen where you can use line item edit ( edit the count on the screen(shout out Beauchamp for framework). This may make it into commercial at some point, but I doubt it will make PB. If you were to get some professional services hours I am sure we could get that added as a custom screen and provide some tweaks.

It also has sorts for print. IE by item number, location etc.

A lot of custom changes like that have to evolve with customer adoption to make it to core.

Great - Thanks for the info. I will consider getting some professional service hours.

Thank you…