xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

OSCommerce Integration - Problem

Hello,
I’m trying to get xTuple and osCommerce work together, unfortunately after a few hours I gave up.
My problem on the xTuple configuration screen,
I’m getting this error message constantly.
Sales Rep, Customer Type, Terms, xTuple Warehouse, default Tax Authority and xTuple Credit Card Encryption Key are required fields.

I have all fields selected,
xTuple Credit Card Encryption Key: equal the value in my xtuple.key file

Where else I can look? Please help.

It seams it is not existing anymore.

We have a running server ubuntu 11.10 xTuple 3.8.2 Oscommerce 2.3.3

I integrated the Xtuple XOM file. I can fill in the fields, hit the connect button and than,

A nice show white screen… Anybody a suggestion?
I can connect the xTuple trough all kind of software app. but OS comm. is not in that list at the moment.

mydevsoft is not existing anymore.

Anybody an idea?

Or am I missing an update?

Regards

Frank

DanD,

Can you give some more detail about your configuration and environment? What OS are you running? What browser? Are OScommerce and the postgres database running on the same server? Did you confirm that osCommerce successfully connected to the xTuple database?

You might also want to include a screen shot of the error message.

Thanks.

BC Wilson

Hello, BC Wilson

WinXP SP3
FireFox and IE 8
osCommerce and PostgresSQL server on the same box
Yes, osCommerce connected to xTuple DB

Screen Shot attached.

Thank you,
DanD.

Yes, I have a connection made. After you have PHP and Apache installed make sure you have this php_pgsql.dll uncomment in PHP ini file.
But I’m facing another problem right now datatypes mismatch. I’ll get into it this weekend.

Hi have you made any progress with this problem? im having the same issues

It took me a day to get a file from them. I hope you get yours fast.

As I can tell it’s useless, looking the code it shouldn’t work by definition.
I found a company they have an application to sync xTuple and osCommerce
works great.

I am curious now that I see your comment. Do you have to have both on the same server for the osCommerce Integration to work?
By the way the documentation page shows xTuple 3.2 as the requirement. Does it work with 3.4?

And that company/application name is???

Sorry for the delay,
Just got home so I can find it.
http://www.mysoftdev.com/

Visited the site , send them a letter , how can i get the module , the one from xChange is not doing nothing , get error 500 after submit the connection data (wich is verified good).

… xTuple ourselves. We’d be happy to engage with anyone who’d like commercial support for integrating their xTuple ERP and OS Commerce (or any other shopping cart). Please send a note to sales@xtuple.com if you’d like to chat.

We’re not familiar with the “mysoftdev” site (welcome to open source!), so I can’t really speak to what they’ve got. If someone from mysoftdev is here, please speak up - we’d love to talk to you.

Cheers,
Ned

We have our xTuple database on a local server and our webstore is hosted on a third party server. And I would really like to keep it that way for a number of reasons.

I can access our xTuple database from outside the company network without a problem by pointing to our static IP address. But now when I tried to enter our static IP address in the osCommerce/xTuple configuration screen it yield an error 404 page not found.
Here is the page it is trying to open “mydomain/admin/xtuple_config.php?action=next”

I would like to at least understand if this is something possible (two separate servers). And if so, any tricks that would point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jean-Michel

404 page not found it’s nothing to do where xTuple or osComm are. It’s problem in side of the php code or server where you have this code executed.
Personal I couldn’t make this php code work, just be sure you have pg dll file uncommented in php.ini file, after I made it connected to xTuple I hit bigger problem
with so and customers.
Try this http://mysoftdev.com

Thanks for your reply Dan.
We’ll spend some more time investigating the problem on our server setup and php files.
I had contacted mysoftdev a week ago and didn’t get a response. I just sent them a message again so we will see. And I don’t see a store/download page on their website (which is interesting as I would think they’d use osCommerce with xTuple ;-), is the only way to get the software by contacting them?
The ability to have our xTuple data upload up to the osCommerce store would certainly be nice.

This being said, I am sure there is a way to get the xTuple osCommerce integration code to work as I see successful connection from other users on the forum. I just wish there were better documentation on it as it is not the first time I hear of lines in the php files needing to be uncommented. I feel we are so close which it is a little frustrating. If we find the problem, I’ll make sure to post it here to help others in the same situation.

Thanks,

Jean-Michel

Hello Jean-Michel,
Did you get the file from mysoftdev?

Hey Dan,

Yes I did get the mysoftdev application downloaded and was able to connect to both our xTuple and osCommerce databases.
This is great as I am able to keep those on two separate servers as I wanted.

I have not done an actual sync yet as we are fine tuning our xTuple data to ensure a smooth sync with osCommerce. I’ll leave a post here on the result.

mysoftdev should really add this neat application to the xChange part of xTuple website so more people are aware of it.

Thanks again for sharing that great resource.

Jean-Michel

Hello Jean-Michel,
Test it first on some test data. Something can go wrong. Good luck and let us know how did it go.

Thank you,
DanD.