xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Mantis Integration

First off, congrats on the press, and on using Drupal. You guys rock.

I am wondering whether you have released the Mantis/Drupal integration code. We’re actually working to do the same thing, and would love to know whether the module has been released. The only thing I can find is: http://drupal.org/node/30838 but of course it’s not answered.

Sorry to put this on the Linux channel, but I just wasn’t sure where to put it on the forums.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi. I was referred here by Perry Clark from the Mantis BT forum. I think I’m in the same line of thought as Jonas - I really don’t care if they don’t look alike, I’d just like the user experience to be as hassle-free as it can be.

Perhaps a solution is to propagate the drupal sign-up into the Mantis database and get it to automatically (and perhaps silently, perhaps not) sign in to Mantis … and my SMF forum … and my Dokuwiki.

Gawd, it was so much easier with static html pages. Boring but easy.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Ewen

I no longer see the code on cvs.drupal.org/contributions/modules/bugbits. Is the bugbits code available somewhere else? Also the last time I looked bugbits was 4.6 and postgre dependent. Is anyone interest in making it compatible with 4.7 or 5.0 with mysql?

I no longer see the code on cvs.drupal.org/contributions/modules/bugbits. Is the bugbits code available somewhere else? Also the last time I looked bugbits was 4.6 and postgre dependent. Is anyone interest in making it compatible with 4.7 or 5.0 with mysql?

I just finished up my second run on the mantis module. All those who are interested in starting a drupal project please email me at

webmaster at openmfg dot org

Thanks

–Trevor

At the moment, we are planning on releasing all the changes we have made to the community. There are a few modifications that need to be made before that is ready to happen. In the mean time, I would be happy to answer any questions you might have on the integration.

We also modified a few drupal modules for use with postgreSQL, we will be submitting patches for them as well.

–Trevor

Hi trevor,

Well actually, I have the same comment as the original post. Nice work!
And again the same question, I am also interested in this module. We are using Drupal and Mantis already some time bc of the same reason: the drupal project module is just not good enough to use it for something else. So far, we didn’t spend time developping an integration. But it would be great to build further on your efforts and combine forces!

I would really appreciate if you could notify us when you are planning to contribute it.

Bye

Trevor,

Very nice work on this website. I am new to drupal and I am interested how you integrated mantis.

1. Do you put drupal and mantis on the same db?
  2. Do you extract information from mantis for blocks. Such as how many assigned bugs a user has, or something to give a quick glance?
  3. Did you change any of the gui code in Mantis or just use includes?

If theres any beta testing or help with the mantis module I can give I am more than happy to.

Trevor,

Very nice work on this website. I am new to drupal and I am interested
how you integrated mantis.

1. Do you put drupal and mantis on the same db?

Yes I did.

1. Do you extract information from mantis for blocks. Such as how >many
    assigned bugs a user has, or something to give a quick glance?

No we are not using blocks as of yet. If you have an idea on this, it would be a great discussion point

1. Did you change any of the gui code in Mantis or just use includes?

Yes we did make some minor changes to the mantis gui code. We dropped
the mantis application in a frame with a bit of java script. We are
using hook_user function for the login and authentication. We also got
rid of a couple of links on the mantis page, that wouldn’t look right
inside the frame and adjusted the width of a few pages.

We are currently looking at other options in terms of the frame.

If theres any beta testing or help with the mantis module I can give I
am more than happy to.

Yes, I am looking for both php programmers and beta testers for this
module. I would like for this module to eventually become a replacement
for the project module. It’s a big task and any assistance is
definitely appreciated. I would like for the frame issue to be resolved
before this is officially a drupal project. I have the go ahead to
share the code with anyone looking to contribute. Please email me at
webmaster at openmfg dot org.

Thanks,

Trevor

I am pleased to announce the recent release of this module to the drupal community. It has officially been given the title bugbits … you know … mantis hacked up …

If you install this module and like it, or would like to see it improved, please contribute by posting patches and bug reports!

The source code for the module can be found at

http://drupal.org/project/bugbits

You can also find a read me, a script for importing the postgreSQL database tables, and a patch that you will need to apply to mantis verison 1.0.0a3. Complete directions are included in the README.

Enjoy!

–Trevor

Is bugbits (mantis integration) compatible with drupal 4.7 ?

Tx,
Pat

goodman wrote:

Tx,
Pat

Yes - OpenMFG.org is running 4.7 now, and bugbits is live. We’ve still
got lots of work to do to make it more fully integrated - specifically,
we’d like to get rid of frames, and make mantis a better “drupal
citizen.” Trevor, have we submitted the 4.7 patch yet, or are we
waiting on some other updates?

Ned Lilly wrote:

goodman wrote:

Tx,
Pat

Yes - OpenMFG.org is running 4.7 now, and bugbits is live. We’ve
still got lots of work to do to make it more fully integrated -
specifically, we’d like to get rid of frames, and make mantis a better
“drupal citizen.” Trevor, have we submitted the 4.7 patch yet, or are
we waiting on some other updates?

Yes, we currently have two branches of this particular module I need to
merge. Another drupal developer wrote their own version of this module,
and I am going to merge her changes in with our module. I also need to
put the javascript in a js file and call it via the drupal api. Once
that is complete I think we will be ready to lunch the next version. In
the mean time I am going to post what we have as a CVS version.

Hi,

Any news from the integration of mantis within drupal ? No commit from the first release in June. It seems to be a dying project…

Pat

Quite the contrary. It is very much alive and well, and there is in fact a newer version running live on this site. As soon as I get a chance I will be posting the next version along with updated documentation. I am sure we can rely on you to beta test it.

Trevor

That is a great news ! When would it be possible to get it ?

Tx,
Pat

Hi. Found this module on the drupal site, and from what I can see, it is still for drupal v4.6. Are there any plans to make this module compatible with v5.x?

Is it possible to run with mantis installed in a separate database? on a separate server?

/Jonas

On 4/17/2007 6:30 PM jonas hogstrom wrote:

Hi. Found this module on the drupal site, and from what I can see, it is
still for drupal v4.6. Are there any plans to make this module
compatible with v5.x?
Is it possible to run with mantis installed in a separate database? on a
separate server?

Hi Jonas,

It’s on our medium-term todo list, but we’re not focusing on it right now. There’s more to do in the area of “true” integration, so Mantis really behaves as a drupal module (e.g. user roles, the IFRAME hack we currently use rather than fully working it into the presentation)

Do you have any interest in helping?

It’s certainly possible to run in separate database, server - that’s where we started out. But for us, that kind of defeats the purpose of the integration. What did you have in mind?

Cheers,
Ned

Ned Lilly
President and CEO
OpenMFG, LLC
119 West York Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
tel. 757.461.3022 x101
email: ned@openmfg.com
www.openmfg.com

Unfortunately, my PHP skills are close to zero… My knowledge about drupal and mantis does not stretch beyond the basic installation and some fiddling with additional modules so I doubt I would be of much help.

I’m mainly interested in having single-sign-on between the two, I don’t care all that much at the moment how integrated they look I’ll keep an eye open for progress on this project, until then, our two installations will probably have to live in ignorance of each other…

/Jonas

I am setting up a website in Joomla!, which from what I understand is what you are using for this site as well. On this website I am looking to add a bug tracker and your mantis implementation would be perfect for what we need here. I was wondering how you went about this integration process, and if there were any available modules/extensions to go about it. I am new to Joomla! and have minimal PHP skills, it appears this forum is rather out of date and you have since switched from drupal to joomla! so I am not sure how much of the information here still applies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can reply here or contact me at chanson@sonalysts.com. Thanks!