xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Linking Opps to a Project

I’ve created a Project in xTuple. I’ve also created an opportunity for that project. There likely will be more over the life of the project. How can I see all the opps for a given project? Currently when I open the project I don’t see a tab that might pull up a list of existing in process or closed opps. Any advice is appreciated. – Joe

You can link Opportunities to Projects using Documents. In the Documents Tab of an Opportunity press Attach and Related To Project. Pick your project and save. You can likely do the opposite and pick an opp from inside the project. I believe if you pick a project from within an opportunity, the reverse is visible inside the project.

And on that note the upcoming version 5.0 of xTuple has a major feature upgrade to the CRM system making all of the various CRM process (such as you have described) much easier to use and more tightly integrated.

Thank you Dave. I’m a long time user of SalesForce but a newbie to xTuple. I want to get this company I started with recently to understand and start getting the full value of the CRM. Like what I
see so far. I’ll have more questions. Appreciate the quick reply.