xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Let's work together

Dobrý Postbooks je zaújmavý systém a ja dúfam že tu nebudem sám zo Slovenska, Dušan

hello Radek, my mail address is dusan.sekerka@gmail.com, will be happy You contact me, Du

Hello, I translate xtuple, but there is a little problem in program. I can’t translate some words like “Product”, it’s on the left side of the main menu, over the icon of the earth. I can’t find them in translation portal.

Can you give me some advice about that? Thanks

Sorry for that non-english post. It was some contact request for Dusan, who wrote post non-english to. I like to know something more about Dusan because me and my brother (drlikradek) started translate xtuple to slovak and we are interested be a partner in Slovak/Czech republic.

Hi, Zbynek and everyone:

Please if possible try to post in English so our entire community can participate. If you must, you can always use translation software to convert into English. It’s not as good, I know, but it’s something if you need it…

Thanks!
Pierce

It’s no big deal, just something I have to remind people about sometimes :slight_smile:

This is a great time to become a partner. We are expanding our partner program in Europe. Someone from xTuple will contact you next week to discuss this some more.

Best regards,
Pierce

Hi, Radek:

I got your email you sent to the translation address on this same subject. I spent a little time thinking about it, but I haven’t really looked too closely yet. I’m sorry for not replying sooner.

One thing I need to figure out is if you are having trouble with the main application terms, or problems with terms in either of our new packages–namely the Desktop package or the Setup (QuickStart) package. I’m still not sure I understand where the problem is (if there is a problem).

I can tell you the terms on the main menu at the top–Products | Inventory | Purchase | etc, etc.–you can find those words in the contexts beginning with “menu”. For example, there are menuProducts, menuInventory, etc.

Hopefully this explains something. At the very least you can see I’ve been thinking about it. But I do have some questions if you could clarify a little more that would help speed things up.

Best regards,
Pierce

Hi, Piece:

Thanks for your answer. It was very hepfull for me. I translate main application. I found the term “Products” in menuProducts. I couldn’t find that, becouse there is written “Produc&ts” in Translation Portal. What does it mean this character “&”? It could be better if there would by better finding words solution. Something, what is not counting with character “&”. It could be good, if there some alphabet menu was, for fast getting to the item like menuProducts. Now I must click on the right arrow under select language menu many times.

Best regards,
Radek

Hi, Radek:

The “&” character is a programmatic device which says, “The next character after me is an accelerator character.”

For example, the string “Produc&ts” indicates that on your keyboard CTRL+T (depending on your operating system) will open that menu or screen. Make sense? You need to preserve the “&” character in your translations, but it does not always need to be in the exact same place in the translated word.

If you are using the Translation Portal heavily and you have bug reports or feature requests, please communicate those on the issue tracker under the “website” project.

Thanks for your involvement.

Best regards,
Pierce