xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Item Creation Date on report

Is there a report that includes the item number, description, and creation date? I am trying to reconcile the various different reports (QOH, Item Site) and would like to see when a part was created - I'd like to see it in a spreadsheet and not have to look up each individual part. How do I do this?

Seth

I had the same question, and finally today, decided to pursue it and found your forum post.

I used the “MetaSQL” Design under the Maintenance screen to type in this query and when the results came up I right-clicked inside the results and chose “Copy All”. Which I could then paste into MS Excel. You can change the criteria to fit your needs - I just happened to only want the item numbers created after a certain date. The “I” is for “Item”. I’m using xTuple 4.9.5. Hope it helps all these years later. The forums have been a great way to learn xTuple.

select comment_date, comment_user, item_number, item_descrip1, item_descrip2
from comment, item
where
comment.comment_source_id = item.item_id and
comment_date >= ‘2018-02-01’ and
comment_text = ‘Created’ and
comment_source = ‘I’
order by comment_user, comment_date, item_number;

You may have already figured this out. I’m learning from experimenting in “Test Mode” (menu option in the MetaSQL Editor) with simple SQL statements. Having a simple solution out there for other users might help someone. Thank you.