xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Include results of query in body of email

I have a simple query that returns one number for today and another for the week to date.
I’d like to include these two results in the body of the email when I schedule the query in Connect.
I’ve tried using the “token” concept from EDI profile but it doesn’t work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Can you share a picture or the code of what you are doing? I have several EDI’s working with tokens that work perfectly. Have your verified the query works fine?

Regards,
Javier

This is what I am trying to do. I have scheduled a mql and I want to put these two results in the body of the email.

I do not believe it is possible to replace tokens in that part of the system. Tokens are replaced in an EDI Profile by a query attached directly to that EDI Profile. The scheduler screen you are in is different and does not have token replacement from what I understand.

I think Anderson is correct. For doing what you are trying to do I would recommend scheduling a cron job that runs a php document sending the results of a query as an email.

Marsha,

This has been recorded as 31231.

Gil