xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

How do I lock a middle section of a report to a specific part of the page

I have a check report that prints out details at the top and the bottom of the page and the check is in the middle.

detail line 1------
detail line 2------

check info ------------ Amount detail line 1-------- detail line 2--------

The problem is that sometime there are 4 detail lines and sometimes there is 1. how do i hold the middle section in place

If I could do something like an absolute location on the page that would be great

I found a solution. I know that the report will never return more then 16 lines. so I simply created a query to fill in blanks for the last x amount of lines up to 16 so the report has the same amount every time

Glad you found a solution, but did want to ask if you were using textareas or fields? And whether or not you started with the default CheckMultiPage format, which has the remittance on top and bottom and check in the middle. The reason I ask about field/textareas is that textareas expand while fields do not, so you can size a field to be the size of the section and it will never go larger or smaller than that.

The CheckMultiPage report uses the checkdetailformatted database function, and one of the parameters on there is the number of rows to consider a section before clipping to second page. If you did not start from CheckMultiPage I would suggest checking out the tricks it uses.

Thanks a bunch. Ill have a look at that when I get the chance