Hi, I'm tasked currently with installing from scratch the manufacturing edition. I tried using xtuple-admin-utility on a fresh Amazon EC2 instance but kept running into problems. I then ran into this article and have completed up to step 7.
- Download and extract the xTuple ERP client application to a local directory
- Download and install PostgreSQL (check our Compatibility Matrix to determine which PostgreSQL version to install)
- Download and install plv8.
- Initialize PostgreSQL for xTuple, i.e., add the super user 'admin' and the group 'xtrole' (see below)
- Edit postgresql.conf to include plv8.start_proc = 'xt.js_init'
- Create a database using UTF-8 encoding
- Update database to allow plv8
- Download and restore an xTuple database on your new database
At this point do I run one of the backups I have off of the Downloads section of the xTuple.org site? Or do I do something with the
manufacturing-install-4.11.2.gz file? Do I just run the SQL files in that zip file? In any particular order?
There's also a
package.xml file that I'm unsure what to do with.