xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Extra empty page after generating a shipment label

I have a Brother label printer, and I want to print a shipment label for my orders. I’ve modified “Shipping labels by invoice”, and it’s printing great on my printer, BUT always with an first empty page. When I’m doing a test and printing it to PDF I can see, that the document have two pages, one in Portrait which is empty, and one landscape which is my label. What have I done wrong? I’ve attached the source code of my label, maybe you guys could find any mistake in it?

label.xml (5.1 KB)

I started to try and replicate your error, but honestly, it became a bit too much work. The report is referencing a table, “sequence”, that must be a custom table? If you create a custom table, I would encourage you to put it in a custom schema.

I looked at the report and the first thought I had was, “I would simplify this”. You have a query source of “detail” and one of “D2”, but only a single section. I don’t think you need both of them. Because you’re using the metasql, I would copy the metasql and modify it to meet your needs and include the values that are coming from D2.

Scott,

The sequence table is part of the xTuple reference databases. It’s no longer necessary now that Postgres has a generate_series function but we haven’t removed the table (yet).

Gil

My mistake. I didn’t see it in public.

Thank you for all replies. I’ve just repaired the printouts, and now it’s perfect. I don’t know where was the problem, because I’ve made few things at once. I’ve saved my template in another name and shrink the section in bottom by 0,05. I’ve also removed the d2 section, and now I’m using metasql.

But the most important for me is, that it’s working perfect now.

Great to hear.