1) Can you show us a 'detail' view as well, so I can see how the individual transactions look? (The overview looks resonable to me)
>>> Absolutely. This is a NEW Tax Return report in xTuple 4.10. The original Tax History report has summary and detailed views which show transactions in detail.
2) Do Misc vouchers now total up into the purchases value? Is the 'Purchases' value a NET (excluding tax) value?
>>> All the figures displayed (Sales/Purchase) are excluding tax
3) This screen is a fixed report. Will there be an openRPT example showing the same data, so it can be modified easily to get specific tax info required by different regions?
>>> Yes there is an associated printable report that shows the same information - that is intended to be customised to suit different regions/countries and in theory should allow a straight print from the system and copy the values into the necessary Tax forms.
4) What happens to items in a 'none' tax zone, or which otherwise is not set up correctly. One of the biggest challenges is ensuring that no sales/purchases are 'missing' from a tax return.
>>> According to my design there needs to be a Tax Exempt ('none') Tax Zone where the tax code is configured to be zero % VAT. This *does* get included in the report I showed above (I should have put an example in). If the tax configuration is incorrect and it does not fall into a taxable or non-taxable zone, then no data is generated and it will not show on the report. Not much I can do about that.
5) If there is not one already, a CSV export option of the detailed tax report would be very useful for anyone doing manual checking of tax returns
>>> As with all xTuple displays, you can right-click on the Tax History report and export the data to csv. Thus dropping the detailed records out to csv.