xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Effective June 20, 2019: Free distribution is discontinued

Effective June 20, 2019, we will discontinue the distribution of the free PostBooks® Edition. Please read the letter from our CEO: https://xtuple.com/blog/ned/free-software

I have read various posts, but haven’t found an answer to a question. Most of what I have read indicates that the distribution of the free postbooks edition will be discontinued. If I keep running the current version installed (locally), what will happen when my postbook license needs renewed next year? Can I keep running the same version?

Hi, Paul - you should have received an email from VP Sales Wally Tonra earlier this morning. It went to your company email. Did you receive it? If not, please message me, and I’ll update our records.

Wally included the following in his message to active key holders, addressing this very question:

*You must upgrade prior to your key expiration date to avoid being locked out of the system and losing your valuable company data. Upgrade is easy… simply run an upgrade script provided after purchase.

PostBooks® – and all xTuple software – requires a license key to work. We will no longer issue free keys.

While your key may not expire right away, your special offer to upgrade WILL: September 30, 2019.

Wally is looking forward to your call or email!

Hi Missy,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I did receive the email, but must have missed the part about losing access to Our company data. The small print toward the end of the message may have played into that. Interesting.

I have reached out via a couple of channels seeking more information on this special offer. While I want to consider Postbooks, or a version of, I will need more information as we have had two meetings so far to discuss our ERP go-forward plans. We have tabled more definitive plans as I am hopeful of staying with xTuple. I cannot hold back our commitment, or lack there of, too much longer.

I am looking forward to receiving pricing via email.