xTuple.com xTupleU Blog & News Customer Support

Can't find chinese lang file for PostBooks v2.3.0?

Hi ptyler,

i can’t find chinese lang file for PostBooks v2.3.0.

There is Partial Chinese translation averiable in the following Link;

but i need i completely Chinese translation. So i try to

translation it by myself.But i can not find any .ts file .

So would you please give this file to me ?

Many thanks for your hard working and share.

Hi, xigua:

We are very close to having a translation tool on our website so you can help finish the Chinese translation. As you see, we need to bring the translation forward to version 2.3.2!

If you are interested in beta testing the new translation tool, it would be great to have your help. This way you could get started working on the Chinese translation soon.

Regards,
Pierce

Hello ptyler,

It`s happy to know your new web-based translation tool and i want to try

this tool. so could you please send it to me include its useage ?

Thanks!

Regards,
xigua
2008-04-15

Hi kl608 & Pierce,

Thank you for both of you and great support!

It is very good news for me to use zh_TW version and I can simply rename to zh_HK. Since we are now in testing phase. Maybe there are some difference terms for local translation. But I think it is not a big deal.

thanks!

Peter

Hi, kl608:

I’m very glad my message survived your spam filter! First of all, thank you so much for this contribution! Unless I hear objections to the contrary, I’ll plan on creating a traditional Chinese project in the translation portal–and I will use your .ts file to start it off.

On your other point about missing features, please consider giving xTuple ERP another try. We do support consolidated invoicing–which you can see if you look at Sales > Billing > Invoice > Post Billing Selections. With this feature you can consolidate multiple shipped Sales Orders onto a single Invoice by Customer.

Regards,
Pierce

Hi, All:

Need a little help here figuring out the best way to proceed…

I’m looking at kl608’s .ts file, and I see it’s named “xTuple.zh_tw.ts” – where the “tw” part, I believe, stands for Taiwan. I can load the file into the translation portal as Chinese_Taiwan. But the question is, would this be the same as the “traditional Chinese” Peter is looking for?

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,
Pierce

Hi, Peter:

Not too long ago we had a user who was working independently (that is, outside the Translation Portal) on a traditional Chinese translation of xTuple ERP. I have not heard from him lately, but will try to track him down. Or maybe he is reading this forum and can save me a few steps… :slight_smile:

Regards,
Pierce

Hi Pierce,

Thank you for your kindly help.
I think that an alternative way I can convert Simplified Chinese ts file to Traditional Chinese. Any chance to get the Simplified Chinese ts file for xTuple ERP version 3?

Peter

Hi, Peter:

I just sent a message to the user I mentioned previously. Hopefully he’ll reply before too long. Meanwhile, here’s a cross-reference to the prior conversation he and I had regarding his work on the traditional Chinese translation:

At the time he was pretty far along. So let’s wait a few days to see if we hear anything from him–since that would make your work a lot easier!

Regards,
Pierce

hi,

funny how I found your message ended up in my junk mailbox of my hotmail account. I usually don’t even look at my junk mailbox before emptying, and today somehow I had a glance at my junk mailbox and saw your message.

I haven’t been testing xtuple for awhile now. Mainly because it lacked some features that we critically need… for instance, creating a single invoice and packing list (shipment) from multiple S/Os, and I don’t have the knowledge and time to dig into it and add those functionalities…

Anyhow, I still have the translation file, I think it was based on 3.2 or 3.1 when I worked on the translations. It was pretty close to complete with exception of a few longer phrases (not sure if there are anymore new or updated terms after I stop keeping tracking with new version)

anyhow, please see attached file for the .ts file. (remove the .txt at the end, had to add the .txt due to file upload type restriction)

hope to see xtuple continue to grow in functionalities, and international users.

Hi Pierce:

Traditional Chinese is mainly used in 2 regions. Namely Taiwan(zh_TW) and Hong Kong(zh_HK), and Simplified Chinese(zh) is used in mainland China. Short answer is yes, this should be what Peter was asking for. Depending on which region he is in, he can change zh_TW to zh_HK. There could be slightly different term usage between HK and TW but majority should be the same.

I will take your advise and tryout xTuple again and see if I can find what I’m looking for

thanks!

Thanks, all, for this great feedback. Based on what I’m hearing, I’ll go ahead and create two new projects in the Translation Portal: Chinese_Taiwan and Chinese_Hong Kong. Let’s keep these separate if there are likely to be differences (however small) between the two.

I’ll try to get the projects up and running in the Translation Portal sometime over the next couple of days. Peter: If you could do your work in the translation portal once zh_hk is up, that would be great–because then everyone will benefit from the work you’ll be doing.

Regards,
Pierce

Hello,

Chinese Taiwan and Chinese Hong Kong have been added to the Translation Portal. You can view/edit these and any other language at:

http://www.xtuple.org/translate/edit-language

Steven

Hi, Peter:

That’s a good catch! I see what you are talking about. Can you please post a bug on this in our issue tracker? I have given you reporter privileges to do this. This should be posted under the “website” project.

Thanks again for pointing this out!

Regards,
Pierce

Hello All,

I appreciate very much for all of your effort. I love to have chance to join into this project because I will spend some more time on it (at least in end user side). I think I can base on zh_tw and do some modification for zh_hk.

Smurray, Pierce : It seem that I am not authorized to Edit the Language.

Peter

Hi, Peter:

You should be authorized now. Thanks!

Regards,
Pierce

Hi, Peter:

In case you didn’t know this, we do have a glossary of terms which you might find useful:

http://www.xtuple.org/TranslationGlossary

Regards,
Pierce

Hi Pierce,

Thank you for your kindly help!

Regards,

Peter

Hi Pierce,

I found some hidden fields doesn’t show when I am doing the translation.
e.g. accountList & accountSearch … I finished all item in the list, but it seem there are some hidden items.
addressCoordinates & addressDialog doesn’t contains any item.

accountList 10/13
accountSearch 18/21
addressCoordinates 0/6
addressDialog 0/3

Regards,

Peter

Hi Pierce,

Thank you very much. I am now starting the translation. But I am not familiar all ERP process. I think I will try those I understand.

Regards,

Peter